Thursday, September 10, 2009

The corn is as high.......

Dad and I were out walking and I said that corn is as high as an elephant's eye and it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky (Oklahoma). It really is high as you can see. The crop is having problems this year thou because it has been so cool. We're hoping for a warmer September so the corn will be good. This is field corn and it could be bad if it doesn't ripen like it should. If you can't feed the animals we can't eat them.

We are winding down. Can you believe we'll be home in just over 7 weeks. The time is sure going fast.

4 comments:

cara said...

Oh I can't wait until you come home!

Sharon said...

Well, I hope we can feed the animals cuz I sure like to eat them. Did you know that animals fed on grass are healthier cuz they contain omega three fatty acids like fish? Maybe we should hope for grass fed beef?

Jenni said...

Yeah, grass-fed beef is healthier. And a lot more expensive.

Tammy said...

Did you have to give us that visual? I prefer to think of my meat as coming from the store in packages, not from some farm with a head, tail, and skin on it.